Silent Explosive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Making Money... The pros and cons...

+3
Spectra
Drawerkid2
Kriven
7 posters

Go down

Making Money... The pros and cons... Empty Making Money... The pros and cons...

Post  Kriven Wed May 21, 2008 4:34 pm

Okay, so I found this thing called AdSense which is a Google-Run program. Once you sign up for it, google puts some ads on your website, and guess what? They pay you in two methods: One is by the amount of people who SEE the Ad, and the other is by how many click it!

Pros:

Could provide Manga Elements with money for publishing.
Could provide Manga Elements with commission money for paying artists, writers, etc.
Could act as our breakthrough into the real world.
Doesn't cost us any money to host.

Cons:

The money is transferred directly to a sole bank account.
I'm not sure if the program works for forums at this point in time, the only way to know is to try.

The pros I see, far out weight the cons. The only real problem I would see with giving this program a try is that we'd need to designate someone's bank account. So, what are your opinions on this?
Kriven
Kriven
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2008-04-29

RP Character
Name: Adam Dox
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Making Money... The pros and cons... Empty Re: Making Money... The pros and cons...

Post  Drawerkid2 Wed May 21, 2008 4:45 pm

Add this as another Con. There are some artist who just want to get paid and they don't care a bit about the project they're working. So they might half-ass it till they get paid.

I'm just saying get a artist, whos care about your project/idea, publish your work and then talk about money.

Drawerkid2
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2008-04-30

RP Character
Name:
Race:
http://drawerkid.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Making Money... The pros and cons... Empty Re: Making Money... The pros and cons...

Post  Spectra Wed May 21, 2008 5:06 pm

I think it is a good Idea. Since this is Zano's site the money should go to his bank account.

Dk artist will do that without the program so I wouldn't add that as a con
Spectra
Spectra
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 72

RP Character
Name: Ace

Back to top Go down

Post  Drawerkid2 Wed May 21, 2008 5:25 pm

Spectra wrote:I think it is a good Idea. Since this is Zano's site the money should go to his bank account.

Dk artist will do that without the program so I wouldn't add that as a con

You're right, but we shouldn't pay them before-hand we'll get artist coming here, thinking they can get a job doing half-ass work and get paid. When I first read this I got the impression that you guys might be paying them up front. I've seen people try this before and they weren't specific and all they got was nothing but a lazy artist/writer knowing they will be paid for doing -sometime crappy- work. This could attact the wrong people and as the saying goes money corrupts people. I'm not we shouldn't do it, I'm just saying be careful.

Last edited by Drawerkid2 on Wed May 21, 2008 5:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Drawerkid2
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2008-04-30

RP Character
Name:
Race:
http://drawerkid.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Spectra Wed May 21, 2008 5:36 pm

I understand Dk Because I have seen artist like that. So Kriven how does it work? I mean how do you choose who gets money, how much money, and when they get the money?
Spectra
Spectra
Admin
Admin

RP Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Spectra Wed May 21, 2008 5:38 pm

I also think this should be discussed between the other admins
Spectra
Spectra
Admin
Admin

RP Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Caffeine Wed May 21, 2008 7:12 pm

It could be used for a domain name, so we don't have to have .aforumfree after it. Other than that, I can't really see it being practical... Perhaps we could use it to print a zine (anthology?) or something, but how would all of that be coordinated?
Caffeine
Caffeine

Number of posts : 49

RP Character
Name:
Race:
Back to top Go down

Post  Kriven Wed May 21, 2008 10:24 pm

I was thinking we could also use the funds to self-publish in the event that we can't find any publishers, though I'm not sure how that works.

I like your idea of an anthology, Caff. Kind-a like an american version of Jump? :p
Kriven
Kriven
Admin
Admin

RP Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Spectra Wed May 21, 2008 10:34 pm

We could start our own company and make millions Twisted Evil

So when do we start the whole adsense thing?
Spectra
Spectra
Admin
Admin

RP Character

Back to top Go down

Post  kenro Wed May 21, 2008 10:50 pm

Adsense nonsense and serialized manga-thology,,, oh well, I just wanna tell stories. I still got those other two 10-chapters I can include... Would be nice to rescue Scrolls Of Wu and Big Block from oblivion...
kenro
kenro
Project Leader
Project Leader

Number of posts : 144

RP Character
Name: Cullen
Race: Splicer

Back to top Go down

Post  Electricpanda Thu May 22, 2008 6:50 am

I think that we need to decide what we need the money for first, before any bank planning watsits.
Electricpanda
Electricpanda

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2008-05-04

RP Character
Name:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kriven Thu May 22, 2008 4:46 pm

A domain name, publishing, and maybe they could be reserve funds in the event that a creator actually has to hire somebody.
Kriven
Kriven
Admin
Admin

RP Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Caffeine Thu May 22, 2008 9:37 pm

Like Shonen Jump but better, you mean. But I don't really think something like that could be coordinated, unless somebody really has their heart set on it that sort of thing doesn't work. If an anathology was started it wouldn't be like we could just let something be published in it just because the author is a member of our forum. It would have to be just like any other publisher, with a submisson process and editors and things who strictly control the quality. And if the anathology isn't focused on a certan genre it would probably be hard to get any kind of consesus within for what's a good enough story, or any one demographic to be willing to buy it.

If the cash is used to hire people, who decides who gets to use it for their project? I'm anticipating that many desperate writers would go clamoring for it..
Caffeine
Caffeine

RP Character
Name:
Race:
Back to top Go down

Post  Kriven Thu May 22, 2008 9:41 pm

All problems that we'd have to overcome, but the can be overcame.
Kriven
Kriven
Admin
Admin

RP Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Caffeine Thu May 22, 2008 9:49 pm

Yes, but is there anyone serious enough to do it? Does anyone know a whole lot about publishing companies? I'm not saying it wouldn't be super neat, but we should know what we're getting into and if we really can overcome those things first.
Plus I like playing the Devil's advocate.
Caffeine
Caffeine

RP Character
Name:
Race:
Back to top Go down

Post  Defiant_We_Stand Fri May 23, 2008 1:15 am

I don't see any reason why we can't make a little money, even if we are unsure of what to do with it.

Defiant_We_Stand

Number of posts : 55

RP Character
Name:
Race:
Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum