Silent Explosive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Geez, there's only so many plot themes you can use,,,

2 posters

Go down

Geez, there's only so many plot themes you can use,,, Empty Geez, there's only so many plot themes you can use,,,

Post  kenro Sat May 31, 2008 10:45 am

Wow, long title...

But I just started reading Darker Than Black and it struck me how similar this appears to my own Canticle.
Granted, I'm still way too early in DtB to generalize, but there seems a certain commonality. Namely, the young girl who commits murder, or thinks she does, and either represses it or beats herself up over it.
Sure, Meghan's delusion is externally imposed, and never fully takes...
I guess it's all in the details and presentation, huh? If we were locked in to base theme with requirement to get previous author's permision to use it or any variant, we'd be a dull species.

My point... seems I've talked myself out of one...

Anybody see any correspondence between the limits on story theme, and IP copyright? Growing up as anarcho-liberal as I have, then trying to get into the storytelling industry, I'm starting to worry about IP control on my efforts.

Any thoughts from others on any of these points?
kenro
kenro
Project Leader
Project Leader

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2008-04-29

RP Character
Name: Cullen
Race: Splicer

Back to top Go down

Geez, there's only so many plot themes you can use,,, Empty Re: Geez, there's only so many plot themes you can use,,,

Post  Caffeine Sat May 31, 2008 7:38 pm

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Unless something is blatantly ripped off it's hard to prove that you took something.
Caffeine
Caffeine

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2008-04-29

RP Character
Name:
Race:
Back to top Go down